Ref: 121266 - Solution Designer
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
The Singtel Group is Asia's leading communications group providing a diverse range of services including fixed, mobile, data, internet, TV, infocomms technology (ICT) and digital solutions. The successful applicant will be joining Group IT as a Solution Designer based in Singapore. Key Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Accountable for development and execution of a coherent and aligned Billing and Customer Care delivery strategy, to achieve the year objectives.
- Ensure that projects undertaken consistently meet all aspects of quality, time and cost.
- Ensure program/project delivery in accordance with Singtel IT strategic standards.
- Accountable for quality, on-time and customer satisfaction
- Uses professional knowledge, experience and technical expertise to respond to questions and facilitate problem solving.
- Generally advises, influences and guides customers and business partners over whom there is no direct authority
- Retain IP in heavy outsourced environment
- Develop various sourcing strategies to get the most cost effective outcome from vendors
- Ensure architectural standards, guidelines, policies and best practices for technology and applications.
- Strategic vendor management, business, IT and provider alignment.
- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized experts and with decision makers.
- Tertiary education with Degree in Computer Science, IT, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years of relevant IT experience, preferably with Telco experience
- Experience in managing multiple business stakeholders and vendors
- Strong understanding of architectural principles and industry standards
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems, technical and engineering concepts as well as business operations and processes.
- Ability to keep abreast of the new technologies with a view of implementing them to increase productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- Demonstrable background in the design, implementation, measurement and tracking of operational key performance indicators
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end software life cycle, operational and support procedures and processes
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, energetic, innovative, able to work well in a team and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize
- Ability to generate creative solutions for work situations, encourage and embrace new and untested approaches
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com. Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).