- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Sep 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Programme Manager
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Deliver a low cost, agile, reliable, stable and operationally excellent Data Lake with Big Data technologies environment
* Recruit and build a team of highly competent associates with Hadoop Technologies
* Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
* People management ability to lead onshore and offshore teams
* Work with the Enterprise Information Architecture to establish the right tools, technologies and patterns with the Big Data Infrastructure, Data Lake, and Hadoop ecosystem
* Inspire a team towards a stronger customer focus, through leadership and data insights
* Provide guidance and strategy to distribute Big Data skills' and knowledge in an enterprise landscape
* Provide guidance within a Data Lake that supports the data and analytics capabilities and applications required to meet the overall strategy.
* Hands-on involvement during requirements analysis, design, development and test phases along with ensuring best practices are followed
* Participate in architectural discussions and ensure that solutions match requirements. Contribute to this discussion, and moderate recommendations and options.
* Communication management - Perform Status reporting, escalations, stakeholder communication
Qualifications and Skills
Skills and qualifications:
* Minimum of 12 to 15 years of experience in Banking, with large-scale project management and oversight experience in Data Transformation related projects, out of which 5 years in Big Data and Data Analytics areas.
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
* Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
* Experience in the design, build, maintenance and operations of Big Data with a minimum of two years' experience in Hadoop
o Relational DBS like Oracle, Teradata, etc
o ETL tools such as: Talend (most preferred), Datastage, Informatica.
o BI/ Data Visualization tools such as: Tableau, Microstrategy
o NoSQL DBs
o Big data technologies
* Experience in directly leading big data technology teams.
* Demonstrated experience in managing and building effective working relationships at all levels of an organisation, particularly senior stakeholders.
* Demonstrated expertise building and creating high performing agile teams in either two different organisations or across three different programs.
* Excellent communication skills and client interaction skills.
* Tertiary level qualifications in Computer Science or relevant industry recognized certification.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.