- 40,000 - 60,000
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Marlin Selection
- 10 Aug 18 2018-08-10
My client is a Global Commodity trading House. They are looking to hire a product controller in their Singapore office.
You will be responsible for:
- Calculating and reporting trading positions and profit & loss for the use of Financial Reporting group and the trading teams
- Proactive communication with traders, analysts, shipping groups & Settlements group.
- Follow the movement of physical cargoes, ensure costs for the cargoes are accrued and correctly accounted for
- Ensuring compliance with control policies and trading standards
- Understanding expected positions and/or P&L and raising questions to understand or correct any variance
- Providing traders with accurate daily hedge orders.
- Ensure trades done by the Traders are correctly captured in the system, if not, make corrections and inform of potential impact (of the errors) to the Credit Group, Risk Group, Operations and General Accounting Group
- Prepare P&L estimate (for the day) for Traders and upload prices for mark to market and analysis.
- Developing new tools/processes that will facilitate ease and efficiency for the front & back office
- Sharing knowledge across accounting/business teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (or related field)
- Passion for the commodities market and working in a trading environment
- Attention to detail; ability to work with detailed transactions and properly control, report and communicate trading activity