We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic team players, with a strong work ethic, who will join Markets Operations.
You will play a pivotal part in helping to support the lifecycle of a trade. Working closely with Business partners, Clients and internal stakeholders to ensure all transactions ﬂow through our front to back Operations teams, with no issues.
You will develop a broad and detailed understanding of the organization's landscape, culture, processes and Technology.
You will have the opportunity to recommend creative suggestions on how to improve processes to minimize losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risk better serve our clients.
The Markets Operations Control Unit Officer is responsible for assisting in the oversight and investigation of all clearance and settlement of securities and derivatives transactions. Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with global and regional functional policies with focus on Operational Risk, Manager's Control Assessment (MCA), Information Security and Records Management
- Perform Records Management related activities
- Perform access reviews for the supported businesses
- Manage Outsourcing related reviews and reporting in line with the requirements outlined by the Third-Party Management Policy
- Perform MCA testing of the Business activities
- Perform process reviews and provide recommendations for improvement and automation
- Manage documentation of Continuity of Business Plans
- Participate in and/or lead projects as assigned
- Escalate transaction processing issues to the appropriate channels and collaborate on a solution
- Design and analyze moderately complex reports, in coordination with standards set by direct leadership
- Ensure processes adhere to audit and control policies
- Perform regulatory controls, account reconciliations, and record retention activities in accordance with established policies
- Participate in the periodic General Ledger (GL) proofing exercises as directed
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury products, accounting and regulatory policies
- Ability to perform various concurrent activities/projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and intermediate problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting or Finance
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Securities and Derivatives Processing Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting