A multinational banking company is looking for Technical and Functional Development Lead Consultant, on a 1 year extendable contract to be based in Singapore. The Development Lead is expected to lead an Agile team of 5 to 10 engineers, dedicated to implementing solutions to build the strategic collateral management system to replace a legacy vendor platform.
Your new role
- Scrum Master responsibility to run the daily scrums, and help facilitate the execution by members of the Agile team.
- Be part of an Agile team and contribute with hands on technical and functional development work to deliver on items in the product/project backlog.
- Track performance of the Agile team and help improve agility and velocity of the team.
- Contribute to functional and technical design and implementation of solutions.
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management.
- Implement DevOps as part of the development practice of the Agile team to help automate code versioning, code build, testing, deployment from environment to environment, and release into production.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering or Computer Science is a must have.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Markets products and trade processing.
- Must have excellent understanding on collateral space.
- Experience in test driven development, micro services, messaging middleware, Kafka, Java 8, AngularJS or React, monitoring tools such as ITRS, ELK etc.
- Hands-on ability on application development using Java.
- 10 to 15 years of hands on experience in building robust, distributed, scalable, high quality production applications.
- Technology and people leadership skills and experience.
- Hands-on ability on relational database development, like Oracle, Postgres SQL.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration methodology.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure).
- Interest in new IT technology for programming.
- Experience in Groovy, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages.
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- This role is only open to Singaporean or PR holder, please state this in your CV.
What you'll get in return
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company.