Lead Business Analyst
- SGD150000 - SGD240000 per annum + Attractive SGD
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C5451
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
A new Lead Business Analyst job based in Singapore has just become available at a global investment bank.
About the Lead Business Analyst Role:
As a Lead BA within Financial Markets Regulatory programme, you will be involved in critical regulatory projects such as MiFID and Brexit, working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, other project managers, business stakeholders, operational partners and other technical experts globally.
- Lead a team of 10-15 people based in Singapore and India, with frequent engagement with the US and UK teams
- Strong cross-product knowledge such as FX, FI, rates and derivatives to implement external regulatory changes as they are internally decommissioning their legacy platform
- Perform in-depth analysis around key requirements of the project and regulatory changes (trade reporting regulatory projects)
- Work with technology teams to design the reconciliation solution and process, implement the reconciliation tool into the bank's architecture
- Articulate the scope/requirements in standard documents/process flow diagrams/use case diagrams etc. to secure sign-off from stakeholders
- Participate in industry forums/calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations
- Conduct meetings and relevant discussions to engage stakeholders in the right perspective and take the requirements/specifications to closure
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external (DTCC, industry calls, regulators, etc.)
- Identify risks and issues and communicate them to the relevant people/PM in a timely manner - assist with proposing and planning mitigating steps
- Determine strategic solutions/proposals - focusing on long-term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance
- Facilitate business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams
- Provide solutions as well as produce a clear-cut functional specifications for development team
- Use appropriate tools such as JIRA, WIKI, etc. to ensure that functional specifications are split and managed with development team in terms of clarity and implementation
- Proactively engage, manage and build relationships with both technology (including vendors) and business stakeholders
- Assist the PM with planning of BA tasks
- Support the test team and business users during the testing phase by making design calls and assisting in issue analysis and resolution
- Support the transition to the production support team
- Mentor junior Business Analysts to perform their roles in a better manner
To succeed in this Lead Business Analyst role, you should have experience in regulatory regimes and change management.
- Experience in regulatory regimes i.e. EMIR/Dodd Frank, especially MiFID is crucial
- Good experience managing change - both project leadership and business analysis skills
- Experience in OTC products and trade life cycle aligned to industry best practice
- Ability to document functional solution designs of high quality with no ambiguity
- Ability to articulate requirements clearly by using graphic and workflow tools such as Visio, wireframe tools, etc.
- Ability to work proactively and independently and display initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with ability to work effectively across department and geography
- Proactive and driven individual - independent thinker able to influence and motivate others
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and provide alternative solutions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience in agile analysis and development is desirable
This is a leading banking institution that needs no introduction.
If you are driven and seek to advance your career with an industry leader, this Lead Business Analyst role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or contact me for a private discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1332085 Valerie Corera