International Group- Senior Software Engineer
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Digital Technologies department of Singtel is the front-runner within Singtel featuring self-organising Build-Run teams that take end-to-end ownership of a business domain and corresponding applications. DT works in an agile manner and is adopting a Tribes & Squads model in close cooperation with the rest of IT. Our teams take ownership across the lifecycle and our motto is "You build it, you run it, you own it, you love it!"
Our new technology stack focuses on Spring Boot deployed on AWS and React / React Native on the client side. We aim to automate repetitive actions where possible. In the infra-side, we let AWS do the heavy-lifting for us so we can focus on delivering business value. We need your help to onboard more applications on to the same stack! Why work for Singtel Digital Technologies?
You should ideally be :
- Agile environment with persistent Build-Run teams accountable across the life cycle
- Learn from one of the founding fathers of the Agile movement
- Strong alignment with business and KPIs centered around business
- Open office space with teams co-located
- All new things go to AWS and follow latest best practices in the industry
- Attention to technical excellence
- Culture of learning, coaching and mentoring
- Customer-facing environment with challenging scalability requirements
- Career growth path as engineer: engineers may earn more than their manager
- Dynamic organisation where change is the only constant
- Innovation is part of the yearly KPIs
- An incentive scheme with generous rewards for high-performers
A strong Staff Java Software Engineer; you love to be hands-on the majority of the time. You are always looking for new ways to improve your solutions: you master the shortcuts of your favorite editor, pick up a new tools and libraries when valuable and continue learning best practices and design patterns that improve the quality of your application.
You are eager to solve problems. You take initiative to structurally improve the software you are working on. You guide, coach and mentor your fellow team mates to help them achieve the next level. Together with the team, you help set and maintain quality standards and periodically raise the bar where feasible. Must have :
Good to have :
- Java recent versions
- Object Oriented Programming
- Spring / Spring Boot
- Unit testing (JUnit)
- Build automation (Gradle/Maven + Bamboo)
- IDE (Eclipse / IntelliJ)
- Security fundamentals
Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
- Front-end (React)
- Databases (Postgres / DynamoDB)
- AWS (EC2, Lambda, R53, S3, ELB, etc)
- Containers (Docker / K8S)
- Test automation
- JEE (Weblogic/Websphere/OSGi)
- Functional / Reactive programming
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).