Head of Derivatives Clearing Operations, Singapore
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!Position Purpose:
Our "Operations" team is responsible for the following assignments:
· Trades capture, booking, position keeping, trade support, events management
· Client Reporting and billing
· Cash & securities settlement
· Collateral management vis-à-vis the clients
· Collateral management vis-à-vis the CCPs
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is responsible for managing people and is involved in defining an adequate work organization, allowing the achievements of goals and objectives defined for the team.
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore will also contribute to the structuring of the function and is involved in strategic initiatives, especially on his / her field of expertise.
• Management and Governance:
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is responsible for managing the "Operations" team in Singapore, in collaboration with the sub-functions global heads:
· Appoint relevant team members to achieve "Operations" assignments
· Participate to hiring processes if need be
· Structure the "Operations" team in Singapore
· Define the governance within his teams and ensure it is respected
· Do the yearly assessment of his teams members
· Ensure "Operations" staff is given adequate trainings
• Coordination between the teams
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is responsible for the good coordination in Singapore between:
· "Operations" team and other Business Unit business lines
• Level of service guarantee:
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore guarantees the good level of service of his teams in Singapore delivering "Operations" services.
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is in charge of the respect of the compliance guidelines for the "Operations" in Singapore
• Project contribution & Regulatory watch:
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is asked to contribute to the business unit
· Contribute to Business Unit projects
· Follow-up and anticipate the regulatory evolutions
• Regular reporting:
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is expected to regularly report to APAC head of
"Operations" and Regional head on activities.
• Assist and back up the APAC head of "Operations":
The Head of "Operations" for Singapore is assisting the APAC head of Operations on tasks when required and back him up when necessary.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral):
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Persistence / perseverance
- Good operational/technical expertise
- Good analytical skills
· Minimum 4-6 years experience in listed derivatives clearing or equivalent experiences.