Engineer - EDM (Senior Associate / Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Engineer
in our Operations and Technology (O&T) Department!
We are seeking for a Engineer to drive the solution and delivery of the EDM platform to source, maintain and distribute instrument static, reference and pricing data. Acting as the Golden Source of instrument data, the EDM platform will cleanse, enrich and perform data validation to ensure the integrity of the instrument data that it feeds to the various downstream consumers for order placement, trade booking, settlement, and reporting purposes for the Group Wealth Platform. Responsibilities
- Accountable for the overall design, development and implementation of the EDM platform
- Act as the technical SME for the Project Manager, single point of contact for all application design, development and implementation activities for the project team
- Collaborate with Solution Architecture to define and implement the architecture design, responsible to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the Bank's platform strategy, software development framework and policies
- Provide technical advisory to Business Analyst, review and endorse the Functional Specification Document
- Manage the development teams for all related systems including onsite/offshore external vendors
- Ensure the timely delivery, performs inspections to ensure quality of the relevant documentation, artifacts and work packages in accordance to the Bank's SDLC processes
- Accountable for the deployment activities including runbook, deployment and rollback procedures. Planning and provisioning of necessary resources to execute the deployment runbook.
- Collaborate with the Run-the-Bank organization to gather input on operational, non-functional requirements
- Perform post deployment training and support handover to Run-the-Bank organization, including delivery of relevant product and project documentation
- Strong knowledge in EDM domain. Preferably working experience with industrial EDM tool.
- Strong knowledge in database design, performance tuning, Database objects , Views, functions stored procedures, caching, SSIS and other ETL platform.
- Understand big data domain and technology
- Participate or lead the architectural solutioning in EDM area
- Java/J2EE technologies
- Backend Technologies - Core Java , J2EE-Servlets, Jsp, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, Spring MVC, JAXB, Web services, SOA, Spring AOP, Spring Web flow, JSTL, Struts, Design Patterns-Singleton, Factory, JQuery, AngularJS, Mule, React JS
- Experience in design, integration and implementation of web-service interfaces REST, SOAP, Microservices
- Experience with server side services development and integration based on J2EE.
- Integrated Development Environment (Eclipse Preferred)
- Document steps needed to migrate database objects between various environments including SIT, UAT, Staging, and Production.