Database Administrator (Big Data)
is a leading information and communications technology (ICT) and communications engineering services provider across the Asia-Pacific region. We are headquartered in Singapore and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Singtel Group. We have in-depth domain knowledge and unique capabilities that create business value for customers. We offer a broad range of services, including consulting, systems development and integration, business process outsourcing, infrastructure management and solutions, and technology solutions.
The role of Database Administrator (Big Data)
is to provide support to the Big Data Platform services and Data Analytics defined by the respective customers by Service Levels. Responsibilities shall not only include:
The ideal candidate should possess / have:
- Design, Deploy, Implement and manage and support big data platform on premise or cloud based
- Proactively understand the latest information of big data platform services.
- Good operational experience of big data administration, with data analyst and data science exposure.
- Support database migration and deploy to big data platform.
- Manage big data platform changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Monitor & measure the performance & availability of big data platform proactively, and implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the big data platform; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Ensure service level meet requirement. Propose and implement action plan when required.
- Monitor big data system according to standard operations procedures.
- Support big data platform service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
- To provide 24x7 Support if necessary.
- Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic, Information Systems or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 technical / professional skills
- Hadoop Based Platforms - Cloudera
- NoSQL Platforms - MongoDB, DynamoDB
- MS SQL Server
- My SQL
- Good to have: Certified DBA, Certified Hadoop Engineer, Certified Cloud Engineer
- Candidate with more experience will be consider for more senior roles