Consumer Networks - Associate Engineer, IPTV Engineering (118251)
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future. Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate should have/be:
- Support Engineer in procurement processing to raise Purchase Orders, Service Orders, Goods Receipt Slips through EworkFlow, SIR and Impact System.
- Support Engineer to track Capex and Opex with budgeted amount, perform budget accruals, and accrue the forecasts.
- Ensure proper documentation in assets management to track for new, transferred and condemned assets.
- Support Service Transition team in the expansion of IPTV and OTT infrastructure to meet BAU growth.
- Support Service Transition team in roll out of new IPTV and OTT Systems, applications and features.
- Ensure the IPTV method of procedures for change activities are validated thoroughly before it rollout to Production platform.
- Perform shift, remote standby duties, onsite change activities, and attend to faults after normal office hours when required.
- Perform duties when assigned by supervisor such as, processing of security clearance for the visitors, storeroom housekeeping, etc.
- Interface with IPTV stakeholders to perform on-site System Integration Tests and User Acceptance Tests.
- Support network and security systems ensuring security in operation.
- Responsible for the deployment, operations and maintenance of IPTV and OTT systems and applications and provide support in incident management.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the performance, reliability and availability of IPTV and OTT systems and applications, thereby ensuring that the SingtelTV service availability is up at all times and circumstances, including during events of high viewership whether planned or otherwise.
- Manage and maintain performance dashboard for the IPTV and OTT infrastructure.
- Responsible for operation support for customer escalated issues.
- Responsible for incident management competency including more in-depth troubleshooting using debugger, probes, scripts, syslogs, etc. liaison with vendors Tech Support or R&D for fault diagnosis & escalation.
Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
- Diploma in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 1 year or more experience in Video/Media industry
- Basic knowledge in Procurement process
- Good knowledge of IPTV and OTT technology and architecture
- Good understanding of Broadcasting technology
- Good IP networking knowledge eg L2, L3 switching and routing (e.g Nokia and Cisco routers and switches). Firewall, DHCP, DNS, CCNA Cisco certification CCNA (CCDA is a plus).
- Good Knowledge of Layer 4 and above protocols such as TCP, DNS, DHCP etc
- Basic understanding of Service layer technologies such as Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), .Net framework, web services,
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Good understanding of supporting framework such as Billing/Mediation and Provisioning
- Proficient understanding of change management and method of procedure framework
- Proficient Incident Management competency including more in-depth troubleshooting using debugger, probes, scripts, syslogs, etc. liaison with vendors Tech Support or R&D for fault diagnosis & escalation
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).