Cloud DevSecOps Monitoring and Logging Engineer
The Engineer Sr Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for a variety of engineering activities including the design, acquisition and development of hardware, software and network infrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned frameworks. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Must Have Skills:
- Build and maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure logging and monitoring architecture aligning security, compliance, performance and resilience
- Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external)
- Assess architectures and designs for security vulnerabilities and suggest and implement proper alternatives
- Oversee the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development and upstream platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, auditing, and reporting frameworks that produces artifacts that support security and compliance needs
- Build and maintain a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks
- Develop processes that produce artifacts that support security and compliance requirements
- Hands-on experience in setting up end to end DevOps pipeline with tools like - JIRA, Bitbucket, GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins, SonarQube, Veracode, Artifactory, Selenium, SPLUNK, ELK, Sensu Go, Docker, Prometheus, Cortex, Grafana etc.
- Significant knowledge of security best practices for client-server product architectures, focusing predominantly on cloud-based server/service development
- Significant knowledge of AWS systems, including EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Elasticsearch, Inspector, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as Splunk, Dome9, AlienVault, AlertLogic, Fortinet, Threat Stack, etc.
- Strong automation and Programming or scripting experience with a popular modern language utilized by above tools (Java, Python, Ruby, GoLang, etc.).
- Must have a security-oriented mindset & approach for integrating security/compliance in a DevOps pipeline.
- Experience extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and AWS audit, logs, and reports
- Knowledge on Infrastructure provisioning using Ansible, Terraform (on cloud - AWS / Azure) is a must
- Life-long learner - always looking to stay up to date with latest attack vectors, vulnerabilities, remediation and protection paradigms, etc.
- Self-motivated, proactive, driven individual
- Knowledge of one or more SSO methodologies (SAML, LDAP, MS AD, Azure AD)
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments, good familiarity with regulations like PCI and SOX.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, Agile, competitive environment
- Ability to work independently and in group environments
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience with Security Best Practices, implementing enterprise-grade security solutions
- 4+ years of experience with AWS development and management (AWS Associate certification or higher preferred)
- 4+ years of experience writing code or scripts in a modern programming or scripting language (Java, Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.).
Technology Job Family:
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting