The Change Manager is responsible for the Change and Release Management functions, covering both the day-to-day operation and continual improvement. The candidate will drive the implementation and enforcement of the adoption of Change and Release management processes within group IT.
This role will ensure that the Bank's standardized process and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of technology changes in responding to customer's requirements, while maximizing value and reducing incident, disruption, and rework. The candidate also ensures the integrity of the live environment is protected by having technology changes that are planned, scheduled, and controlled.
Besides, the candidate should have extensive experience in production support environment, software release, process improvement and automation using industry best practices & tools. Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure standardized process and procedures are used for efficient handling of changes to minimize incident due to change.
- Establish, maintain, and operationalise the process for Change Management
- Chair the Change Approval Committee (CAC) meeting and document the minute of meeting
- Maintain the IT Event Calendar that comprises of forward schedule of change
- Manage, coordinate, monitor, and report on change activities.
- Circulate in-scope Requests for Change (RFCs/CMs) to CAC members in advance of meeting to allow prior consideration/review
- Communicate with the relevant parties involved with an approved change list to ensure activities are coordinated and carried out according to plan
- Produce regular and accurate management reports
- Audit and manage the Change Management process improvement cycle.
- Responsible for audit-related requests / issues and represent the team to face off auditors (both internal and external)
- Play a key role in collaborating with other IT teams in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery
- Enforce change governance, continual service improvement and internal user satisfaction (change process perspective)
- Lead and implement the Change Management process activities across various IT functions within the organisation
- Act as a focal point for all escalation and communication activities related to users and IT team to ensure effective and efficient execution of change activities.
- Build a collaborative relationship with internal stakeholders, business management, and IT management
- Highlight and escalate risk & issues to management
- Manage Change, Release process documentations
- Perform on call standby (1 - 2 weeks in a month based on a roster) for handling emergency changes
- Drive management initiative (e.g. improvement project)
*LI-LJY Qualifications Requirements
- Has an excellent understanding in IT service management (ITSM) with proven track record in establishing, managing IT change & release processes and activities within a global/regional organization
- Prior experience as Change Manager (at least 5 years) with regional operational change control accountability including chairing Change Advisory Board meeting
- Has an excellent understanding and experience (at least 3 - 4 years) in software release and deployment process and activities at regional level, covering project and BAU operational activities.
- In-depth understanding and experience (at least 4 - 5 years) in other related ITSM processes and controls such as Incident Management Event/Request Management and Configuration Management.
- Prior experience in DevOps toolsets/applications and familiar with the practice of continuous integration and continuous delivery methodology (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence & Conjur).
- Proficient in handling large volume of change activities due to large scale projects and organization wide activities (e.g. annual organization wide maintenance)
- A strong team player who takes ownership of issues and problems for close follow up in the respective areas
- Good experience in process and activity automation for productivity improvement (it would be an added advantage)
- Strong communication skills to interact closely with various stakeholders within IT and Operation teams across multiple departments
- Strong ability to work under pressure and systematic / analytical thinking are required
- Financial technology background experience (added advantage)
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities