J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is looking to hire a top performing executive assistant to support diverse teams. A successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, quality focus, smart, possess a “can-do” attitude, high energy and flexibility to a high-paced deadline driven organization. You will need to work well in a team environment, be able to represent the manager/group with professional courtesy and acumen and deliver flawless work output. Your daily routine includes interaction with various executive level internal clients across the lines of businesses.
As an Executive Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for performing an array of administrative functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound decision making for the executive, their team of managers, and other stakeholders. You bring years of experience being an Executive Assistant while being very adaptable, and welcoming change.
You confidently make independent decisions when handling administrative tasks. You develop an understanding of what matters to the team you are supporting, and you actively apply that knowledge to your day-to-day activities. You act as an owner and a problem solver.
You possess superior communication skills, both written and oral. You are clear, concise and to the point. Your phone etiquette is excellent, and you have a sense of ownership to always follow-up when required. You know when to use tact and discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
In addition to this, the Executive Administrative Assistant job performance expectation will include:
- Strong ability to manage and handle complex and detailed calendars, dealing with multiples and or urgent meeting conflicts, setting up of meetings and conference calls, internally and externally. Handle all associated logistical aspects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and to effectively handle multiple priorities with a calm, professional and willing attitude
- Telephone Coverage and ability to answer phones professionally, address issues or redirect as appropriate, and distribute messages in a timely and appropriate manner
- Coordinate travel arrangements (air, hotel accommodations and ground transportation); prepare detailed itineraries, required travel visas/documents, and assure accuracy and timely delivery of plans/tickets to travelers
- Process invoices and T&E expense claims for team members timely. Ensure all policies are followed and items are processed within provided guidelines. Act as a subject matter expert for policies and procedures
- Open to take on increased and/or new responsibilities at any time
- Assist with overflow, special projects, assistant back-up coverage and day-to-day tasks
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Executive Administrative Assistant role in financial institutions
- Fluent in verbal and written English is preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree holder or equivalent
- Experience in calendar management
- Adaptable team player
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of general office procedures (e.g., scheduling, expenses, calendar)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Ability to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments