The Role Responsibilities
To maximise the value proposition of corporate lending across the organisation by positively influencing origination behaviour to deliver improved product and client returns, whilst ensuring appropriate infrastructure and documentation to deliver a "best in class" client experience. Strategy
Business Effective governance of corporate lending
- Actively ensure team objectives are aligned to broader CIB strategy which aims to maximise shareholder value, identify and create areas of competitive advantage and aligns to the overall strategic direction of the broader business.
Effective management of risks in corporate lending
- To coordinate and conduct Lending and Credit & Portfolio Management PGC meeting for which the information provided should be accurate. The PGC pack should be circulated timely to members for PGC meeting and follow up for action items for appropriate closure.
- Ensure seamless delivery of end-to-end corporate lending and that associated risks are within the Group risk tolerance and aligned with Group strategy.
- Serve as the bridge between segment, country and Group to transform global guidance into effective implementation by the business.
Drive capital efficiency and oversee financial reporting of corporate lending
- Ensure that the Operational Risk Framework is embedded and used effectively across the corporate lending process universe.
- Ensure top risks and associated tolerances with respect to corporate lending are current, regularly reviewed and escalated as appropriate.
Stress Testing and Recovery & Resolution Planning:
- Oversee corporate lending financial performance and collaborate on budgeting and forecasting process.
- Deliver capital efficiencies through continued facility review and improvement.
Work with Group Head CCIB and the Stress Testing team to ensure the Bank meets both regulatory and internal stress testing requirements.
People & Talent
- Project Lending book behaviour - Assets, RWA, Loan Impairment, NII and NFI for given stress scenarios.
- Provide methodology and assumptions on how to run-down CCIB books in a stress scenario and have a detailed Implementation Plan in place.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Group Term Lending to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles ; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- External Stakeholders: Industry Bodies, Regulators, Banks, External Lawyers and Accountants.
- Internal Stakeholders: GAMs, RMs, Regional Teams, Business Finance, Product Partners, Lending Operations and Reporting, Legal & Compliance and Bank's system supporting teams (Risk MI, PMI, SCI, CM & CMS).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the banking and financial services industry, including relevant experience in product management, credit portfolio management and credit-based transactions.
- Experience in credit risk management principles and techniques.
- Relevant graduate qualifications (or conversions); Post-graduate qualifications such as MBA, CFA, Chartered Accountancy.
About Standard Chartered
- Product Knowledge
- Balance Sheet Management
- Manage Projects
- Manage Risk and Governance
- Recovery Planning
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers