The Transaction Monitoring Team supports the day to day management of Singapore and China alerts that relate to customer profile and transactional behaviour.
As a Transactions Monitoring analyst, you will be responsible for performing alerts review and escalation to the Financial Crime Compliance Manager. This will require you to ensure that the alert processing SLAs are met, and quality & accuracy of the investigations are upheld. You will play a crucial role in ensuring alert investigations using global standard policies, procedures, and tools, aimed at meeting internal policies and external regulatory requirements. You will also work closely with various stakeholders such as the Front Office, Financial Crime Compliance Team and Operations Teams.
- Management of alerts with respect to Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Counter-terrorism Financing (CTF), Adverse Media, Sanctions, Custom list.
- Investigate and assess alerts raised within the enterprise-wide compliance program to identify potential Money Laundering, potential Terrorism Financing activities, or other suspicious activity.
- Investigate customer profiles identified as potentially high risk to determine the risk and escalate adhering to the process and procedures.
- Manage a close interaction between Front Office, Financial Crime Compliance Team, Operations Teams t ensure seamless communication and consistency.
- Manage and participate in other non-core tasks such as Management Information reporting, system testing, enhancing policies and procedures, any projects/tasks as assigned by the Team Lead.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 2-3 years of experience in Transaction Monitoring;
- Good knowledge of anti-money laundering legislation and regulation;
- Strong understanding of Transaction Monitoring including name screening and understanding of funds flow with respect to Trade Finance, Financial Markets, Corporate and Institutional Banking and Private Individuals;
- Banking industry knowledge in Operations;
- Experience of Asian Markets (Singapore, China);
- Candidate with ACAMS Certification or International Compliance Association Diploma is an advantage.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Control focused mind set and good understanding of regulatory and reputation risks
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to forge strong relationships with colleagues
- Able to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Be proactive, self-motivated and detailed oriented
- Organisational skills that allow role holder to manage a diverse workload but prioritise work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Able to liaise and partner across internal / external stakeholders of multiple jurisdictions to deliver best customer outcome