AVP, Transaction Monitoring & Name Screening - Domain Module Specialist, GLC Digital Transformation
is the longest established Singapore bank, formed in 1932 from the merger of three local banks, the oldest of which was founded in 1912. It is now the second largest financial services group in Southeast Asia by assets and one of the world's most highly-rated banks, with an Aa1 rating from Moody's. Recognised for its financial strength and stability, OCBC Bank is consistently ranked among the World's Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker. Division Description
Group Legal and Compliance (GLC) supports the Bank in all legal, regulatory and compliance matters. The division ensures that the Bank's businesses comply with policies, procedures and relevant laws, rules and regulations issued by Monetary Authority of Singapore and other local regulators.
Apart from being a legal advisor on litigation, trademark filings and other legality issues where relevant, GLC plays an important role as undertakers of the bank-wide regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering initiatives. This includes developing policies and procedures to manage and mitigate risks relating to money laundering and financing of terrorism, as well as monitoring, detection and combating of money laundering and financial crime activities. Role Summary
The GLC Digital Transformation team is seeking a senior team member to lead its Transaction Monitoring (TM) & Name Screening Domains. The role encompasses responsibilities leading the Systems change, enhancement and maintenance support for the TM and NS checks related systems and processes with the Group Financial Crime Compliance (GFCC) department to ensure that both the business and the programme are well engaged and informed.
Qualified candidates will have a comprehensive understanding of the scope of AML KYC compliance, operations, technology, and business functions and how they interact to achieve business and regulatory objectives. Strong leadership and communication skills required to negotiate and influence internally across different management levels. Key Responsibilities: Program Management
Processes & Governance
- Document and maintain "As is Process" and "To be Proposed" in a structured and organized way with supporting subject matter experts and Business Analysts.
- Map established operating cycles processes and related TM and NS IT systems connection.
- Discuss recommendations with Steering Committee and key stakeholders for solving, existing process challenges.
- Discuss and align with different functions future process design following implementation while acting as an ambassador for improving the quality and effectiveness.
- Build and enhance strong internal Business Unit relationships and act as an escalation point for the GFCC team for BAU Technology related matters.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure KYC initiatives are successfully tracked to deliverables, timeliness and expected outcomes
- Participate in ad-hoc activities such as system enhancement testing and production cut-over plan delivery etc.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the Processes/ Change / Problem / Knowledge Management. (BAU)
- Understand and monitor the technical governance aspects of systems relevant to Transaction Monitoring and Name Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve KYC Technology risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Assisting in timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators: completion of technical training that enhances system knowledge and proficiency, regular attendance at learning sessions and team meetings.
Qualifications The ideal Candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Group FCC colleagues and entity compliance leads /project teams (system implementation and enhancement)
- Business or Unit heads and managers (for compliance technology initiatives and BAU support)
- Technology Solutions teams and Data Analytics leads (Engineers and Scientists)
- Internal/External Audit and Operational Risk (for audit and governance reviews)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience across multiple disciplines, including Compliance, Program Management, Technology change management, Relationship Management, and Control & Risk Operations
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner and influence cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization without direct managerial authority
- A recognised university degree or professional qualification in Technology / Finance / Accounting / Business or related disciplines or equivalent
- Proven hands-on experience of delivering (and maintaining in BAU) Transaction Monitoring tools, ideally Oracle MANTAS and KYC Systems would be an advantage
- Excellent team player with strong written and oral communication, with ability to function well independently when appropriate
- Proven ability to cope with pressure and a high level of flexibility, and ability to adjust course to align with changing stakeholder expectations
At OCBC, we recognise your drive, passion and talent. We will bring out the best in you and empower you to excel. Fulfil your life goals and career ambitions with us.
*We regret that only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.