AVP, Software Development Engineer In Test, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
We are seeking a technically strong candidate to join the team as a SDET Lead who will work closely with other Engineers, Architects, and DevOps engineers to help us deliver quality software in a reliable and predictable manner using test automation. You will be a technical mentor for your team members. You will work closely with your peers, managers, product, design and operations teams to deliver solutions that meet business requirements.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include.
- Define and implement end to end test strategy and test automation for Bank's major initiatives
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both team members and project peers
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyse quantitatively, understand product technical requirements and effectively translate to testing deliverables.
- Participation in all Scrum meetings and rituals
- Help teams and stakeholders write appropriate test criteria for each user story during sprint planning meetings
- Collaborate with developers to write automated unit tests prior to writing feature code.
- Facilitate and encourage testing with end users.
- Coach and mentoring C2E application teams on agile testing and test automation.
- Device the test environment strategy for C2E
- Manage and govern the E2E test environments
- Define and manage E2E test data for various initiatives
- 5-8 years of experience in leading the testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or hands-on manager
- Hands-on experience with agile methodology and Strong technical knowledge - able to code
- Significant hands-on experience in solution design in the development of automated tests leveraging Java using BDD tools such Cucumber
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies -Mobile, Web, Microservices,
- Experience automating through the UI, API and web services
- Understanding of Web fundamentals (HTTP, REST, JSON etc.), 2 tier/3 tier architectures.
- Mobile applications testing and automation (native applications, mobile browsers, remote devices)
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and Stubbing (good if he/she has knowledge of spring frameworks and wire mock)
- Understanding of Message Queues, Kafka - how to test
- Building and maintenance of Automation Frameworks (or at least understand the package structure and different aspects of it)
- Excellent knowledge of Data models, database queries and knowledge of RDBMS/NoSQL platforms.
- Code versioning and build/deploy tools, CI/CD e.g. git, Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of QA practices: black box, white box testing; performance testing, regression and exploratory testing.
- Technologies like Ansible, Containers, Kubernetes etc. is a plus.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.