DBS Institutional Banking Group (IBG) provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and capital markets fundraising. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region. Well-connected in Asia, IBG serves multinational, large and small to medium sized customers to grow their business.
DBS launched its Responsible Financing Standard in 2017. The Standard applies to all lending and capital markets products and services within DBS Bank Ltd and its banking subsidiaries. DBS has also become a signatory of Net-Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA) since October 2021. We look to partner with our customers to make the transition to a low-carbon economy. Responsibilities 1. Strategic Direction
- As a member of IBG Sustainability, the role will help strategically shape a sustainable finance and net zero vision for the Bank across the region (especially Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Indonesia and India), develop the tools and training to support it, and align with DBS' vision of building "the best bank for a better world". The role will not only contribute to robust sustainable finance implementation and our net zero commitments but also to fostering a culture of sustainability within IBG and beyond.
. Sustainable Business Enabler
3. Stakeholder Engagement
- Conduct research on sustainability topics, including climate risk, sectoral GHG emissions, biodiversity, environmental and social practices in the region and internationally, to name a few;
- Keeping abreast of industry ESG best practices, trends and issues, communicating, training and raising awareness to internal stakeholders;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to implement and promote the Responsible Financing Standard and associated guidelines and integrating them into the client origination, credit approval, and overall decision-making process;
- Carry out ESG due diligence on high-impact transactions in line with best practices, such as the Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards;
- Offer guidance to relationship managers, credit teams and customers on ESG risks, especially on climate risks, and contribute to the development and structuring of practical solutions or risk mitigating plans to enhance the overall risk profile of a transaction;
- Develop, collate and analyze sustainable finance, net zero and other data/databases; and
- Develop, coordinate and deliver ESG-relevant trainings.
- Serve as a point of contact for engagements with regulators, governmental agencies, industry associations, NGOs and other relevant agencies/bodies on sustainability matters and where required, collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate responses and communication.
- Work with internal stakeholders to collate information for various sustainability reporting, e.g. Sustainability Review, NZBA reporting, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, Equator Principles, and Green Investment Principles for the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Bachelor's or advanced degrees in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering are preferred
- At least 5 years' experience in corporate client-facing role in the areas of ESG/climate advisory, and/or environmental and social consulting
- Experience working in financial institutions and/or having in-depth environmental and social due diligence experience are preferred.
- Should be familiar with international environmental and social policies, procedures, and standards such as IFC performance standards and/or GHG Protocol.
- Possess professional and interpersonal skills to establish good rapport and working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in project management, be able to multi-task and manage data systems
- Be proactive in communication and stakeholder engagement
- Strong analytical and due diligence mindset.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, EXCEL, Power Bi and number crunching tasks