Java Trading Systems Developer - Equities Electronic Trading - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB About the team
Our engineering teams builds massively scalable software and systems, architects low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist's groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Why join the Equities Electronic Trading team?
In our team you will have opportunity to:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management, exchange connectivity, processing high volumes of ticking data and post-trade processing.
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design distributed computation infrastructure to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, operations, regulatory and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Learn technology stack and paradigms such as: Core Java, Kafka, Apache Flink, event-driven architecture, event sourcing, distributed database (MemSQL)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experienced Core Java Developer with Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in building state management systems, complex event processing and transaction sequencing architectures
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity