Regional Security Adviser
About the Role
As a Regional Security Adviser working in the Corporate Security team you will be on the front edged of developing and delivering a Global Security strategy for a world renowned company. As part of a dynamic team you will provide expert security advice across the APAC region. You will be a business enabler and be able to work on multiple projects in varied threat environments. SWIFT is a high-tech work environment where your curiosity, continuous learning and improvement is rewarded. If you are interested in a challenge then SWIFT Security is the place for you! Responsabilities
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Security your role is to develop and implement corporate-wide security plans that assess current threats, risk, and vulnerabilities of a worldwide critical infrastructure organisation.
- Lead and manage security-related corporate-wide global projects as assigned, and ensure key objectives are met;
- To provide a thorough analysis of security risks and development of appropriate mitigating strategies
- Explore and implement new security technologies that provide value to the business
- Oversee training exercises and programs to ensure organisational preparedness for a business resiliency or security-related incident and raise employee awareness and engagement;
- Participate in security-related audits and evaluate work standards and performance levels ensuring uniformity, effectiveness. Ensure that appropriate mitigations are in place or planned;
- Ensure the day to day security of our people, facilities, events, and information in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- Advise risk owners on the implementation of security across the region;
- Coordinate projects including writing requirements, design, proof of concept, supervision of implementation, and testing. This relates to construction elements such as walls/partitions, doors & windows and security technologies such as CCTV, biometrics, explosive trace detection, bio/chem, intrusion systems, etc;
- Notify management about security violations and propose solutions to possible security threats;
- A focal point for Security audits in your region;
- Deliver security awareness programs;
- Create and enable a Security culture across the business;
- The focal point for Security investigations;
- The focal point for the Security outreach programme in your region. Liaison activities with local and federal law enforcement and intelligence services;
- Provide expert advice for corporate events, conferences, and travel across your region.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with local, state, federal agencies, and security peers.
What we offer
- You will have formal security qualifications or advanced security and risk management training;
- Experience in regional security, law enforcement or an intelligence function;
- Be able to oversee corporate investigations initiatives, which aligns partners, describes process and procedure and identifies corporate goals in the conduct of an investigation;
- Have strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects in multi-threat environments independently;
- Have strong leadership and communication (interpersonal, verbal and written) skills;
- Extensive experience in conducting risk assessments;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner;
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Candidate with ASIS, The Security Institute membership will have an advantage.
- Willing to participate in an on-call schedule.
We put you in control of your career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself Company & department description
SWIFT does not stand still. We are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now.
SWIFT is transforming cross-border payments, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value - every instant of every day, in almost every country.
We are proud that what we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. So, what you do at SWIFT has real impact too - an impact that matters every day. Which is why you matter to us.
Joining SWIFT gives you unparalleled exposure to knowledge, expertise and technologies. If you have what it takes, you'll be able to take on different career paths and have the opportunity to work in teams, departments and disciplines in countries around the world.
SWIFT is unique. There is no other organisation like ours in the world driving the long-term future of the financial ecosystem. You'll be surrounded by bright, customer-focused and intellectually curious people in a collaborative, friendly, open and inclusive environment.
At SWIFT we are trusted every instant. Everything we do has an impact that matters. And as a member of our team, you are trusted to make your impact every day.