SAS Administrator / UNIX Scripting
SAS Application Administrator and UNIX Scripting opportunity with hands-on technical expertise willing to support the businesses interface to the SAS environment. The candidate will be responsible to support migration and creation of SAS Platforms in the MG&APIT organization. The resource will need to foster a discipline for the administration, development, testing and releasing of platform functions in support of various Operations, Risk, Marketing, Finance and other business processes. The candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of application development and SDLC, distributed processing and automation across both SAS administration and shell scripting. The candidate must have a solid understanding of data systems, SAS environments and processes that are necessary for the SAS Platform management. The individual must be a SAS Administrator and applied technologist capable of business engagement to support SAS platform functions. Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of installing, upgrading and administering SAS Platform Foundation.
- Working knowledge of updating SAS licenses across multiple servers.
- Provide operational leadership and support to SAS end user teams, in addition to business applications, onboarding, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Oversee business-critical tasks including: change management, incident management, user management, security access and controls, work order management, application and business data recovery, and disaster recovery.
- Develop and document processes, detailing user and developer functions and accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency using department metrics.
- Propose and integrate new automation functions for SAS operations.
- 4+ years of experience as a SAS Systems Administrator with UNIX scripting.
- 2+ years of experience developing detailed process workflows with automation.
- 2+ years of experience developing proactive processes that allow large-scale issues to be averted.
- 2+ years of experience using UNIX scripting commands such as bash, ksh and perl.
- 2+ years of experience within an AIX infrastructure with GPFS, S3 and NAS storage.
- 2+ years building long term demand and pricing forecasts/models.
- Experience administering SAS EBI, High Performance Analytics, Enterprise Miner, Data Management Server,
- SAS Scoring Accelerator for Teradata, SAS Model Manager.
- Experience working in an environment with multiple metadata servers, in a complex architecture.
- Experience administering SAS9.4 or SAS Viya.
- 2+ years of experience performing installations and data/user migrations.
- Experience with AIX OS and Linux OS.
- Experience with SAS connectivity to big data environments (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Impala)
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics within a distributed Teradata appliance.
- Experience with AutoSys scheduler is a plus
- Experience working with end users from a teaching/guidance perspective.
- Experience troubleshooting a host of architectural issues ranging from security and access to performance problems