Senior Manager, Business Analyst - ePOS
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 13 Dec 18
Senior Manager, Business Analyst - ePOS
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Asia Delivery Services team has the mandate to ensure we deliver business and IT initiatives that deliver on Manulife's Regional Distribution strategic vision. We work across the different countries within the Asia region, partnering with local countries to deliver processes and solutions that deliver value for our distributors and customers.
The Asia Delivery Services Team will be involved in projects across channel and business or technology based initiatives and accordingly will involve extensive stakeholder management and collaboration across all functional and business units. As part of this team and as a Business Analyst the incumbent plays a vital part in identifying user requirements and addressing the business issues raised by different stakeholders.
- Lead a team of Business Analysts; when working on a business opportunity or project to ensure high quality outcomes are achieved within the required timeframes;
- Elicitation and modelling of business requirements
- Validation of requirements against business objectives
- Definition of solution options
- Analysis of potential value and recommendation of solution
- Customer focus; be the voice of the customer in all requirements, solution designs and business value assessment activities
- Focus on quality; ensure all outputs from the team are of a high quality and consistency, presented through the defined templates, models and frameworks.
- Transition and change; assist in the identification of the transition journey from current to target state, and the change management activities/focus areas to enable successful adoption of the solutions.
- Collaborative working; operate in a multi-cultural, multi-location team environment, and drive cross functional working with teams from other business areas.
- Stakeholder management; active engagement with key stakeholders throughout the project life cycle to ensure common understanding of the requirements, any risks and issues, and the impact to the business area
- Project delivery support; contribution to the construction of project scope, goals and deliverables, and direct support to the Project Manager in developing the business case and delivering the solutions.
- Added value to the business;
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for a specific business area or business capability
- Proactively challenge the business approach, solution design or value focus to ensure the best Minimum Marketable Product (MMP) is achieved
- Contribute to the Change Management design and delivery
- Identify opportunities to enhance transformation capabilities in country businesses
- Identify new ways of working;
- New methods, tools or approaches for business analysis
- Bring external insights into the team from other insurance players or industries
- Enhance team maturity;
- Drive consistency and standardization in all work and outputs
- Identify opportunities to improve working practices and relationships with other teams
- Increasing the team brand and acting as an ambassador for the department
- Line management for BA's;
- Active contribution to the BA development plans and performance reviews
- frequent monitoring and measurement of performance
- Realignment of objectives and focus
- Degree holder, or equivalent, of Business Administration, Information Systems/Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years of solid business analysis experiences in Financial Services (products, administration or distribution domain), ideally with specific Life Insurance or Wealth Management knowledge
- Strong people manager preferable or recognized experience in managing teams of people.
- Experience in insurance distribution, operations or digital projects would be an advantage
- Practical experience in both Agile and Waterfall delivery approaches
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills, strong communicator at all business levels, with the ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in a dynamic environment
- Excellent facilitation and influencing skills, including ability to work effectively across a large organization, developing strong cross-functional relationships
- Well organized and high attention to detail, with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and changing priorities
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.