Managing Consultant at Pinpoint Asia Limited
Our client, a leading investment bank, is looking for a strong Network Engineer to join their global network engineering team. The successful candidate will work closely with the global engineering team to maintain and deliver a high mission-critical and low latency network for the region.
- Provide low latency network design on exchange connectivity, multicast routing, and market data distribution, dynamic routing (OSPF & BGP), QoS, Matrix switching, and network instrumentation.
- Design, engineer, and deploy highly efficient low latency network solutions.
- Provide L4 Network support for major incidents as well as provide SME guidance.
- Develop the tools associated with automation and orchestration within a network environment in Linux, Python, Ansible, etc.
- Build an impactful and strategic solution in a highly scalable environment.
- Working with internal clients to understand their requirements and translate them into technology solutions.
- Handle interruptions gracefully to deal with time-sensitive issues
- Extensive low latency network engineering experience in the real-time market trading environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Extensive working knowledge of low latency network design, precision timing (ntp & ptp), exchange connectivity, multicast routing, and market data distribution, dynamic routing (OSPF & BGP), QoS, Matrix switching, and network instrumentation- taps, SPAN, netflow, sFlow, etc
- Practitioner-level network automation skills using DevOps and CI/CD pipeline practices: Linux and Open Source, Python, Network-as-code Jinja2 Templating, YAML, CI/CD pipeline and toolset such as Git/Gitlab/Jenkins or equivalent, Ansible.
- Model-Driven Telemetry - configuration, collection, data analysis
- Integration skills (API) with existing NMS toolsets (Spectrum, SevOne, Splunk, etc) and other supporting systems ServiceNow, Infoblox, etc.
- Experience with NAT, MPLS, IPSec, A10/F5 load-balancer, Arista, Cisco, Metameko, Exablaze, Corvil, FSM Labs, and Spectracom timing products.
- CCIE network qualifications.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar field required.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Danny Kwan at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Low Latency Network Engineer - Leading Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) ED/VP/AVP - Public Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) Python/Java Developer - Elite Global Investment Bank
2) Development Manager - Performance Monitoring and Log Management Platform
3) Information Security Project Manager