Financial Crime Investigator/Financial Crime Senior Investigator
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific - https://careers.apac.bnpparibas
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
An independent investigation team provides critical supports to the BNPP business units across Asia Pacific. Acting within the existing provisions of existing Group Policies & Procedures that, amongst others, confer to the bank's Inspection Generale/Periodic Control Function the right to initiate investigations on all matters at all times :
• Financial Crime Investigation Manager/Senior Manager, as part of the second level of Control, has the responsibility for conducting any assigned internal investigations across the APAC region of a non-regulatory nature. Provide investigation support and assistance to other business partners (e.g. HR), into cases such as sexual harassment; bullying/intimidation; unexplained work absences; use of drugs and alcohol at work (other than alcohol at organized work functions) etc.
• Financial Crime Investigation Manager/Senior Manager is required to combine both desk and field investigation skills in order to investigate/analyze any complex cases.
• Financial Crime Manager/ Senior Manager will investigate suspected incidents, such as internal employee wrongdoings, internal employee gross misconduct, Ethics matters, Money Laundering Investigation, Enhanced Due Diligence under the direction of the Regional Head of Investigations, Asia Pacific.
• Financial Crime Investigation Manager/ Senior Manager maybe required to assist other investigations conducted by Anti-Fraud , OPC, HR, Legal and IT Security (e.g., violations of , employee misconduct, IT Security incidents, asset tracing and suspicious client transactions; ensuring that the company interests are protected and in adherence with relevant statutory, regulatory and business regulations.
The Financial Crime Investigation Manager/Senior Manager is directly responsible for:
• To support the Regional Head of Investigations to implement Investigation Procedures and Guidelines.
• Ensures that due diligence and investigations on new allegations of staff misconduct, Code of Conduct and ethics are properly investigated and managed in a professional and consistent manner in close liaison with Compliance, Internal Audit (IG) and Legal as may be required.
• Guide and support less experienced investigations staff (either part time or full time) to investigate complex investigations.
• Assesses related risks and works with regional in-business partners, such as Anti-Fraud, Compliance, Inspection Generale (IG), Human Resources and IT Security to implement appropriate controls and measures to protect company staff, assets, business operations, and intellectual property.
• Build up an effective working relationship with senior management officials, financial security staff, legal, and other stakeholders who often interface on a regular basis with Regional Head of Investigations on investigation support matters.
• May manage 1 or more investigators when is needed.
• Ability to investigate complex internal and external (i.e. clients, intermediaries, potential clients etc.) cases.
• Ability to multi task, analyze and interpret data, demonstrate sound judgment and independent decision making.
• Ability to work in a professional and consistent manner in close liaison with Compliance, HR, business heads, stakeholders and Legal as may be required.
• Constructs well written reports that highlight concerning activity and offer solutions as to identify control weaknesses.
• Ability to plan and prioritize his/her own work well and is effective at time management.
• Sound knowledge of general investigative skills, standards and techniques used in investigation of financial and white collar crime and Money Laundering especially related to banking and associated business operations.
• Ability to investigate and research of suppliers, intermediaries, potential clients through public records, commercial databases, media information, in house databases and discreet site visits to assess risks and identify if any derogatory information (i.e. Criminal records, bankruptcy records etc.) on the subjects.
• Ability to compile a written report in detailed narrative and provide analysis and findings of the investigative results.
• Ability to interview suspects, witnesses and internal employees in a professional manner.
• May assist Director of Investigations on special projects and training.
• Able to work with in-business partners, such as Anti-Fraud, Compliance, IG, Human Resources and IT Security to implement appropriate controls and measures to protect company staff, assets, business operations, and intellectual property.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• At least 20 years' experience in a related and relevant financial crime and/or money laundering/terrorist financing investigative role in an international investment bank with a broad franchise across APAC.
• Experience in supervising staff carrying out similar roles for at least 10 years.
• Experience with a government organized investigative body (e.g. a commercial crime bureau, Criminal Investigation Department, Financial Investigation Unit, anti-corruption authority, tax authority or Law Enforcement Agency) will also be taken into consideration.
• Experience with Due Diligence and Money Laundering, Internal staff misconduct Investigation is an essential.
• Membership of Certified Fraud examiners or other equivalent organization is a plus.
Specific Qualifications Required
• Must evidence attention for detail, and possess an investigative and questioning nature.
• Demonstrate capacity for sound project management and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels, especially with senior management.
• Committed to confidentiality, integrity and objectivity
• Ability to work independently on complex investigations and work consistently and constructively under pressure.
• Ideally be computer literate, and experienced in working with case management and investigative tools.
• Able to travel as may be required (sometimes with short notice) across the region.
• Asian language capability, especially Mandarin would be a distinct advantage. Ability to read and write Chinese essential. Excellent written and spoken English is also essential.