Our client is a European Top private bank and they are looking for a Business Manager to cover for maternity.
- Supporting management in identifying, preventing and handling the risks resulting from internal processes, people, systems or external events.
- Coordinating risk management topics, including external, 1st and 2nd line review, request & projects, across the Business Area as well as shaping business initiatives from a risk perspective.
- Supporting ad-hoc projects/initiatives assigned by FLDS Head and Location COO.
- Supporting to strengthen a positive risk culture within the business area. Including strong interaction with specialists, divisional-stakeholders, 2nd and 3rd line of defense.
- Identifying, assessing and supporting to the department’s operational risk management activities.
- Reviewing and maintaining policies and controls.
- Supporting, reviewing and tracking the internal supervisory framework, incident handling, risk assessments, outsourcing activities governance and data management work groups.
- Preparing and reviewing risk management reporting to monitor risk indicators and risk metrics reporting for Hong Kong Management, Wealth Management APAC, that include data and trend analysis.
- Providing business support and tracking to maintain up-to-date Deposit Protection Scheme reporting and documentation.
- Administrating the ongoing regulatory / remediation reporting
- Coordinating regular business risk & control meetings and preparing meeting material for governance meetings to share key observations, risk trends and analysis, recommendations and track progress
- Coordinate risk cultural communication and education including broadcasts, tips, alerts and training
- Provide internal/external audits/review co-ordination support, facilitate to drive recommendations and solutions, track and monitor closure of audits/reviews and actions
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent education
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in financial institution
- Background in private banking / wealth management risk management, controls or internal audit and knowledge of regulations would be an advantage and preferred
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Good communication in written and spoken English & Cantonese, ability to liaise and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels including Front Office, Management, Compliance etc.
- Excels in teamwork and collaboration
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work