About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us. Role Responsibilities Strategy
Business Transactional Trade Credit Insurance / Risk Mitigant Solutions
- Help drive origination and revenue growth by exploring and creating new trade credit insurance / risk mitigating solutions to create credit headroom to support the strategy of the group.
- Support the TCI team in promoting and championing trade credit insurance as a centre of excellence, and providing training and knowledge transfer to the global network.
- Work with other stakeholders (eg TASS / TDP) in preparation for any capital management or portfolio management initiatives.
Group Trade Credit Insurance / Risk Mitigant Programs
- To engage with product and sales partners in the countries to identify needs and develop credit insurance distribution solutions.
- To structure and facilitate bespoke Insurance-Backed Open Account, Supply Chain Financing and Documentary Trade suite of solution as well as any other global trade finance business of the group.
- To engage Underwriters / Investors / Insurance market to seek optimal / effective credit risk mitigant solutions to support and credit enhance the deal, including but not limited to policy design, structure, wording negotiation, review, etc.
- To support the team in the management and running of all the group Credit Insurance / Risk Mitigant global programs.
- To support the team in the overall development and commercializing of new risk mitigant solutions / initiatives for the group.
- To support the team in our global responsibility and ownership over the end-to-end process / governance / approval and sanctions of the usage of all credit insurance policies of the Group.
- To execute the life cycle process of credit insurance as captured in the Trade Distribution Process Universe and the Trade Credit Insurance Governance Framework.
- To assess TB's distribution needs and translate these into deal structures, identify key risk issues based on these structures and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- To be aware of, and understand the regulatory framework, in which Trade Distribution operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- To be part of a team that delivers effective governance, with the capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Where required, to escalate to Group governance committees or stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To engage and manage all stakeholder within the bank, in particular, Product, TB Sales, CCIB, Credit.
- To provide regular update / communication to various stakeholders on the team's performance and achievement.
- To seek feedback on execution, partnership and delivery via the various virtual teams that involves the stakeholders and their teams.
- A Graduate in relevant business field.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Trade Finance products.
- To complete all required mandatory and development training.
- Business Level English and Business Level Mandarin.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers