About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Role Responsibilities Business
Provide support in the coverage and/or execution of transactions for the Commercial Real Estate Industry.
- Perform financial and valuation analyses using various methodologies relevant for the Industry
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Support the origination and execution of corporate banking, corporate finance & capital market transactions including but not limited to drafting of credit proposal / term sheet and coordinating efforts with deal team members across the Bank from pitching phase through to closing
- Support the preparation of presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Maintain up to date knowledge on clients and targets, including but not limited to day to day account maintenance activities and respond to client queries
- Research and analyse market and industry trends, as well as financial analysis of companies based on company information, research reports, and other information sources
- Complete all required credit and regulatory examinations and ensure document deficiencies are minimised and rectified in a timely manner
- Ensure effective portfolio quality and risk mitigation through the provision of proactive support on client onboarding activities (liaising with COBAM), account maintenance and credit monitoring activities (liaising with credit analysts)
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Effective management of client documentation requirements to completion, demonstrating timeliness and quality - in partnership with CDU, L&C, LDU and COBAM
- Proactively review, annotate and manage excess and past dues and ensure they are regularised on time and cash/cheques are released on time
- Support loan drawdowns, cash management, trade offerings, audit confirmations, network account on-boarding and seek transactional approvals as necessary to facilitate faster TAT
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Relationship Managers
- Credit Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Transaction Banking
Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values Our Ideal Candidate
- Engineering/Banking/Finance Qualification with relevant Industry experience or Degree qualified from a top-tier school
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Prior relevant experience in a top-tier investment bank with a track record in Structured Debt, Project Finance, M&A, Capital Markets, Financial Markets or Structured Trade transactions is favourable
- Solid financial evaluation and Excel abilities
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- Strong work ethic, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Ability to deliver under time pressure, problem solving and manage under tight deadline
- Highly collaborative
- Fluency in Cantonese, English and Mandarin is highly preferred
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers