Data Governance Officer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a data governance and cross-border data transfer management role to take lead in implementing data management framework (including full life-cycle data management, data quality, data classification, cross-border data transfer, data value, etc.) in China, coordinate the implementation of data governance operating mechanisms, and ensure the firm can meet China regulatory requirements on data management and data governance. This role will be required to pass 2 Securities Association of China (SAC) exams in Chinese to be licensed to work in the China financial industry. Responsibilities
- Implement China data governance strategy and development roadmap in combination with China regulatory requirements and the global strategy
- Set up the data governance organization and clarify roles and responsibilities of senior management, the data governance officer, business and federation divisions across the firm, etc.
- Develop policies, procedures and standards on data management, data classification, data quality, cross-border data transfer, etc.
- Manage global initiated and/or regulatory mandatory data governance projects (e.g.: data governance platform / tools)
- Establish data governance performance evaluation mechanism, generate reports and present data governance progress regularly, and escalate potential issues to the management
- Communicate and collaborate with business and federation divisions to implement data governance framework and roadmap
- Prepare materials for regulatory inspections, internal audits and external audits
- Follow up data governance related regulation changes and work out action plans, to ensure the firm fulfill regulatory requirements on data governance and data management
- Familiar with data governance regulations for financial industries
- Experienced in developing data governance framework and/or performing data management role
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; track record of ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to manage multi-task effectively and interact in a matrixed organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in China regulatory requirements and projects is a plus
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Data Science i s a plus
- Systems experience in software , database, data governance platform development is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity