China WM Products Platform Lead
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The China WM Products Platform Lead is a leadership role within APAC Platform and partners with the senior management of Private Banking to support the launch of wealth management services in China Onshore. In collaboration with internal and external partners, the chosen individual will drive the delivery of the entire suite of product solutions, to make sure the over all solutions work in harmony to achieve business objectives in line with China PB Onshore Strategy and Roadmap and the regulatory compliance and governance standards of the APAC Division.
Work effectively across functions to drive end to end delivery of key product solutions and platform capability build out that are critical to building differentiated wealth management services in China, such as digital advisory, content management, investment suitability, and portfolio management and execution.
Serve as solution partner and product manager to senior partners of China onshore businesses, collaborating with APAC PB partners, APAC Technology, Operations, as well as key external technology providers in the development and implementation of groundbreaking systems that drive the Strategy.
Desire to be part of a high-profile, multi-faceted team that provides necessary leadership in products platform and technology delivery. The candidate must possess high level of integrity, both personally and professionally.
- Understand business needs and drive a PB products platform strategy and roadmap towards execution aligned with it
- Demonstrate extensive and relevant experience in the high growth and evolving China Market, including knowledge of competitive offering, regulatory approach, product knowledge, technical know-hows and network capabilities in relation to wealth management products and offering
- Lead virtual-teams across functions and delivery partners to drive effective end-to-end delivery of products platform solutions, ensuring that investments are optimized from cost, time to market and strategic fit perspective
- Coordinate with peers within the cross domain platform leadership team and functional partners, manage key dependencies in the output of required solutions
- Manage budgets by monitoring & reviewing resource and utilization, taking corrective actions proactively as required with both parties internal as well we external, as well as to retain an integrity in delivering change within expected governance and standards
- Outstanding engagement with leadership of the business and help develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating domain experience.
- Identify business needs, negotiate priorities between challenging partner interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively
- Seek to understand the upstream and downstream dependencies and guide the team towards achieving the roadmaps for the team
- Handle risk proactively, building a sustainable control environment by supporting the business in reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices
- Seek to engage with key partners to transform existing platform offerings in accordance with regulatory requirements across products, and implement the required controls to ensure compliance
Minimum of 15+ years’ in the Finance Industry preferably within Private Banking or Wealth Management and at least 5 years’ of leadership experience in Product Strategy or Product Management driving end to end delivery of technology solutions. Candidates need to have a proven track record in the China Market, ideally in the area of private banking and product management of wealth management solutions, as well as a solid understanding of the market and regulatory environment in China. To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in banking or technology development
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills – problem structuring, logical thinking and story-lining essential - in both Mandarin Chinese (for China Market scope) and English - effective in engaging people in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration across different levels of the organization and the ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and with senior management
- Possess strong leadership skills to handle multi-disciplinary and multi-functional teams, including external partners and technology providers
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Solid business acuity with in proficiency in business process, products, and market trend
- Proficient in evolving China regulatory landscape and familiarity with key development impacting private banking, investment or wealth management business
- Proficient in investment and wealth management workflow and/ or relevant product experience in China
- Commercial attitude towards quality, cost and output of the projects
- Drive to get things done !
- Move consistently towards target state while working in a fast paced environment
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.