- Technical Leadership - Trading Systems Infrastructure & Operations
- Tech: Python, Linux, Networks, DevOps, Automation, Agile
- Exceptional company culture and benefits, Dynamic, Creative, Innovative Firm
Our client is a leading financial organisation that uses technology to its trading advantage in the financial markets. They operate across a range of markets globally through a range of products – from derivatives through to physicals. They offer an exceptionally unique employment arrangements and have attracted some of the best technologists from other leading trading firms.
This IT Operations team brings together an elite group of technologists working with lean, low latency trading systems (Python, Linux, Networks, DevOps – CI/CD). The team is responsible for keeping abreast of the latest technological innovations and bringing them to bear in a highly automated environment with a view to maintaining high availability and performance of complex trading platforms and related systems.
This is a Technical Lead position that will require you to bring broad experiences across Linux, Networking and DevOps tools & practices knowledge.
You will draw on your previous people management / leadership experience to take ownership of the APAC Ops Environment for Trading Technology. This will see you draw on your breath of experience across all technology platforms, infrastructure and operational readiness to give technical guidance and direction to the team as well as being the final point of escalation for complex issues. This is a highly supportive environment where you will be empowered to make decisions, evolve systems and adopt new technologies without any red tape.
- Technical Leadership experience of Tech Ops / Infra teams.
- Advanced Linux Engineering skills & modern x64 based server hardware
- Advanced network troubleshooting skills (TCP, Multicast, DNS, DHCP et.)
- DevOps tools, containerization, practices: Puppet, Docker, SaltStack, Chef etc.
- Pro-active “hands-on” / “lead by example” approach to leadership
- An understanding of interconnected systems: Networks, Databases, Servers, Software
- Experience with IT Ops / Infra – Performance, Scalability, HA, Low-Latency
- Experience with financial services or better still trading systems (ideal)
- Strong / Polished Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Python Skills (Desirable)
- An industry relevant degree or diploma.
This role would be suited for people coming from a Head of IT Ops, Technical Lead – Infrastructure, Lead Server Engineer, IT Ops Management, Lead Trading Systems Engineer background.
#Tech Lead #Linux #Advanced #Low-Level #Low-Latency #Automation #Docker #Python #Puppet #SaltStack #Trading Systems #Python #Nanosecond #Kernel #Networking #Connectivity #Performance