PB Matrix Full-Stack Developer - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Aug 17
See job description for details
A middle tier developer is needed to work in the IT team that delivers Morgan Stanley’s flagship client connectivity technology products, responsible for developing and supporting client facing applications for various business lines of Morgan Stanley.
Prime Brokerage, Funding & Finance Technology (PBFFT) provide technology solutions to Client Financing and Clearing businesses primarily covering Prime Brokerage, Firm-wide Funding and Liquidity Management covering Bank Resource Management and Treasury, and parts of Wealth Management. Finance Technology provides innovative solutions for regulatory and financial reporting, the general ledger, profit and loss calculations, securities bookkeeping, budgeting & forecasting, tax filing and resource management.
- You will work on key deliverables for the Prime Brokerage and the Fund Services Businesses. These fall under the MSFS Analytics and PB Risk/Fraud Protection space and include increased controls over client cash wires, improved self-service entitlement tool and improved online tools for managing investor relationships.
- Responsibilities will include designing, developing, maintaining and supporting web applications using enterprise Java and DB2 UDB
- Working in a fast paced environment on varied projects from short term tactical enhancements to strategic initiatives that impact multiple firm systems and business groups.
- Working with a global team and working directly with business users in Prime Brokerage
- Working in all phases of SDLC, from requirements to Prod Support.
- Hands-on experience with Java
- Experience with Database Design/Stored Procedure/SQL development (any of these DB2 UDB, Oracle, Sybase etc.)
- Web Development
- Linux/Unix/ksh/Perl experience.
- Strong OOP and Relational Modeling skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills Experience working in geographically distributed teams in fast paced, agile development environment
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.