Be a Part of Our Success
Application Support Analyst, FIC ITWhat is the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a FI Front Office support team in a major North American bank. Working on the London Trading floor, you will support trading and risk applications in use by trading, sales, and product control.
This role is within the FI Production Services group based in London. This group is responsible for:
- Supporting IT solutions for various business lines globally including Rates and Credit Trading, Rates and Credit Sales, Structured Risk Trading, and Product Control.
- Offering technical expertise and support for the systems used
- Managing and resolving incidents and outages
- Managing requests for changes, system releases and capacity planning
- Disaster recovery, planning and execution
What will you do?
- The team is responsible for the support of applications used in the FI trading and eCommerce areas - both rates and credit cash and derivatives. Applications in use perform position and risk management, electronic trading, pricing, and trade capture.
- Using a proactive approach, you will manage the production plant, including maintaining monitoring and a knowledge base. As part of this, new procedures and application on-boarding runbooks will need to be kept up-to-date.
- You will act as point of contact between IT and business management for organising events such as upgrades and scheduled downtime.
- As required, you will also perform miscellaneous support of existing and new systems to complement the helpdesk service already in place.
What do you need to succeed?
- Previous experience of working in a front office trading IT environment
- Good product understanding of FI products, including but not limited to bonds, swaps, futures, options
- Solid communication skills for facing off both to IT and business teams
- Experience in Solaris Unix / Linux / Windows environments and basic scripting
- Experience with Sybase SQL or other equivalent relational databae
- Experience with at least 2 of the following vendor application suites: Ion Marketview, Bloomberg TOMS, Ipreo iSynd
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL processes.
- Knowledge of Ion PXE and VMQ
- Exposure to e-commerce trading systems - understanding of pricing issues, integration of clients, support would be desirable
- Experience of integrating and support of deal feeds into trading systems would be benefical
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-08-09
Req ID: 141840
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]