- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 07 Aug 17
Lead Business Analyst / Project Manager - Financial Markets Cross Product Projects
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Financial Markets Cross Product Projects (FM XPP) owns and delivers technology and process change initiatives whose impact spans across multiple asset classes and/or technology platforms. Housed within the FM Technology organisation, FM XPP provides project delivery expertise and domain knowledge across FM technology, enterprise architecture and front-to-back FM business processes.
Working in the FM XPP Team, this resource will be required to lead project deliveries, encompassing business process and control engineering as well as technology enhancements to FM platforms.
We invite bright and diligent individuals to apply for the position. Candidates with relevant experience in the financial markets domain, front-to-back business processes, appropriate FM applications and experience in project delivery would be suitable for the role.
Take responsibility for project delivery to agreed plan by effectively managing scope, timeline and cost. Actively manage stakeholder expectations by maintaining risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies with appropriate mitigation plans. Show leadership in business analysis by performing functional and technical analysis on the applications, processes and controls in scope to arrive at agreed requirements and solution designs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a project plan to track all activities.
- Organise regular meetings with business and system representatives to discuss progress of activities and prepare meeting minutes to record key discussion and decisions.
- Review documents and artefacts relevant to project delivery to ensure project outcomes match acceptance criteria.
- Provide weekly updates on project status.
- Maintain a register of risks and issues and track progress of mitigating actions.
- Maintain a project workbook to report the overall progress and achievements
- Chair project Working Groups
- Manage project financials to ensure costs are controlled and any deviation is escalated appropriately.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduates from a discipline related to Software Engineering, Information Management, Knowledge Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 8-10 years of work experience in Financial Markets domain
- Knowledge and practical experience in FM business process and controls
- Experience of financial markets trade lifecycle end-to-end, from pricing and execution through to settlement and accounting.
- Work experience in business analysis and supporting project management activities
- Knowledge in Financial Markets is required. Knowledge of one or more of the following banking domain is advantageous :
- Retail Banking
- Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Transaction Banking
- Credit & Risk
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory domains is desirable, such as EMIR, MIFID/MIFIR and/or Dodd Frank
- Comfortable with SQL queries and understanding of Database concepts
- Exposure to meta data management tools like Informatica is advantageous
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Project
- Exposure to Murex and SunGuard settlement systems advantageous
- Attention to detail
- High degree of responsibility
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- Structure and discipline
- Good written communication skills
- Able to challenge/question
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.