- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Aug 17
Business Analyst- Financial Markets Cross Product Projects - Investor Clients
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Financial Markets Cross Product Projects (FM XPP) owns and delivers technology and process change initiatives whose impact spans across multiple asset classes and/or technology platforms. Housed within the FM Technology organisation, FM XPP provides project delivery expertise and domain knowledge across FM technology, enterprise architecture and front-to-back FM business processes.Working in the FM XPP Team, this resource will be required to lead project deliveries, encompassing business process and control engineering as well as technology enhancements to FM and Group platforms.The Investor Clients Program is a initiative centred on growth and efficiency across four client segments: real money funds, hedge funds, insurance and private banks. The program will deliver technology and process enhancements across pre and post trade lifecycle from initial client papering, through on-boarding processes to ultimately achieve best-in-class levels of automation.We invite bright and diligent individuals to apply for the position. Candidates with relevant experience in the financial markets domain, front-to-back business processes, appropriate FM applications and experience in project delivery would be suitable for the role.Take responsibility for project delivery to agreed plan by effectively managing scope, timeline and cost. Actively manage stakeholder expectations by maintaining risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies with appropriate mitigation plans. Show leadership in business analysis by performing functional and technical analysis on the applications, processes and controls in scope to arrive at agreed requirements and solution designs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Agree business requirements and ensure they are socialised with all stakeholders* Devise functional and technical solutions to meet business requirements* Actively manage stakeholders to ensure a consensus of opinion is reached on both requirements and solutions.* Organise regular meetings with business and system representatives to discuss progress of activities and prepare meeting minutes to record key discussion and decisions.* Review documents and artefacts relevant to project delivery to ensure project outcomes match acceptance criteria.* Provide weekly updates on project status.* Maintain a register of risks and issues and track progress of mitigating actions.* Maintain a project workbook to report the overall progress and achievements* Contribute to project Working Groups
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications* Graduates from a discipline related to Software Engineering, Information Management, Knowledge Science or equivalent.Domain knowledge* Minimum 8-10 years of work experience in Financial Markets domain* Knowledge of client lifecycle management processes essential.* Knowledge of client reference data structures, such as legal entity hierarchy desired* Knowledge of client legal documentation desired* Knowledge and practical experience in a FM business process and controls* Work experience in business analysis and supporting project management activities* Knowledge in Financial Markets is required. Knowledge of one or more of the following banking domain is advantageous :* Retail Banking* Private Banking & Wealth Management* Transaction Banking* Lending* Credit & RiskTechnical skills* Comfortable with SQL queries and understanding of Database concepts* Exposure to meta data management tools like Informatica is advantageous* Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Project* Exposure to Murex and SunGuard settlement systems advantageousIntrinsic traits* Attention to detail* Curiosity* High degree of responsibility* Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision* Structure and discipline* Good written communication skills* Able to challenge/question
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.