Instinet - Associate - Trading Operations - Information Technology - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 22 Aug 17
Instinet is a part of Nomura Group Company, and is a global electronic trading pioneer, having established the world’s first major electronic trading venue in 1969. Currently our Technology team is seeking a dynamic and experienced Production Support specialist to join their team.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Instinet is a global pioneer in electronic trading providing advanced electronic trading and execution Instinet Asia Trading Operation group is responsible for our proprietary trading platform, exchanges/market data connectivity, clients and trade floor support, and other trading related systems. We are looking for a highly motivated person to join our team based in Hong Kong to support Instinet business in Asia region.
- Monitor and take proactive action to provide high level of support service to our clients
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issue on highly complex trading system environment
- Manage daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and follow up with clients
- Perform system rollout and implementation and user acceptance test
- Perform incident management – involve business and technology communication, provide coordination and resolution of incidents
- Perform release management – be the gatekeeper for the production and UAT environments, ensure all changes are accurate and properly implementation
- Collaborate with global teams to ensure system readiness for start of day and start of week.
- Support market rehearsals for Asian markets
- Support out of regular office hours to ensure system availability
- Liaise with developers, team members in other regions on projects/support
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of solid experience on trading floor
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Knowledge of Asian equity markets
- Practical experience in UNIX and FIX protocol
- Experiences on scripting for troubleshooting, automation and monitoring.
- Excellent application and system problem-solving skills and able to prioritize tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and excel in high pressure trading environment
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement:
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation