FX Derivative Risk Developer - Java/Scala
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading investment bank in Wall Street for over 80 years. Our Technology division redefines our business by creating industry-leading trading systems, cutting-edge modelling software, and comprehensive risk and security systems.
We believe in finding smart people to work with other smart people. We believe in developing every individual to fulfill their potential and maximize their career growth. We do this by giving people complex business challenges that need to be solved using innovative technology solutions.
Fixed Income Derivatives department has business covering trading on variety of assets like Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange, and Commodities derivatives. Derivatives technology team is responsible to develop/maintain innovative technology solutions to support the financial activities through the entire trade lifecycle, including trading, marking, pricing, risk calculation, scenario analysis and settlement management, etc.
As a derivatives trading system software engineer located in Shanghai, you will collaborate with world-class global technology team where individual ideas are valued. You will partner with users from sales and trading, risk management, compliance and operations. You will gain business and financial knowledge by having true relevance to the financial markets. You will work with a broad set of languages, tools, and platforms that help harness the power of your creativity.
The cool technologies we use include in-memory databases, distribute caching, grid computing, cloud storage, reactive graph programming etc.
We have roles available in the fixed income derivatives technology department across all levels of seniority and technologies. If you are looking for the same, come and join us.
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar technical field.
- Proficient with at least one mainstream language, Java, Scala or C#
- Good Computer Science foundation with operation system, data structure and algorithm.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Interested in learning financial knowledge.
- Working experience on distributed system, virtualization and graph computing.
- Coding experience in Scala.
- Familiar with SQL/Non-SQL databases, Message Queue, Web Service.
- Familiar with Agile, Test Driven Development process.
- Knowledge of technology in financial industry like equity or derivatives.