Senior Product Manager (Technical), Smart Home
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Product Manager (Technical), Smart HomeInterested to help shape the international road-map for Amazon Smart Home? We believe Amazon Devices is a key part of enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
As a Sr Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after delivery and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
• Define team strategy and vision, and translate it onto a highly creative roadmap
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams to deliver products to market
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• Familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
• 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in mass market consumer electronics / software / wireless / mobile product management
. Demonstrated work history of shipping consumer electronics products that involve hardware and software.
. Experience managing digital products including both hardware and software components through multiple product lifecycles
• Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Success in the development of targeted special offers, customer segmentation, and unique product, pricing, & promotional offers that drive the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.